Monday, May 15, 2006

Happening Stuff

This post will be short and sweet (I hope, with my long-windedness in mind) and its purpose it to clear some stuff hanging around in my cluttered mind.

The past week has been a flurry of activity. We're now having a new section of our Foundation 1 and these 2 weeks, we're taught Behavioural Sciences (BS)... [A senior volunteered Bullshit as an alternative name?? lol.]

Anyway, the lectures are easier compared to normal and I'm like totally relaxing a tad too much! O.o Well, we're supposed to learn how to conduct a simple interview with patients and after practicing, we hvta do 2 interviews with an SP (simulated patient, not stimulated patient okay!). And both will be videotaped and reviewed by a certain tutor. AHHHH! So scary lah...

I'll be having my interview tmr so wish me luck, guys! [Btw, I practiced with yeeyoon once and it was a funny/weird sort of interview... You can read the whole conversation at her blog, it's linked to mine. Haha.]

On the other hand, the past week has also been the Campaigning Week for the new batch of SRC-to-be's.. (SRC = Student Representative Council) Pretty hectic for them. They came in between our lectures to talk persuade us to vote for them and blah blah blah. They also gave us lots of cool stuff to hang around our student IDs and even sweets! :D

They have their manifestos up at the boards near the library and I did take some of my time to read some of them. But I'm starting to wonder how much of their promises are really going to work out after I listened to a super senior's comments. But I guess I'll be optimistic since this is my 1st time around. Being that cynical makes me feel old. Haha.

Smtg funny happened last monday. *Yes, funny things happen to me ALL the time.* I was in a rush for my hip-hop dance class so I just downed 2 Dunkin Donuts as lunch in less than 10 minutes. I think it caused me to have wayyy too much sugar in my blood that I couldn't bloody concentrate for the whole length of the lesson, however hard I tried. Puifun described it as a sugar rush! Oh, so this is how a sugar rush feels like lah.. Hehe. Damn funny lah. (My insulin must be not effective lah.. Charm. :P)

Sigh, went to the Chinese Chess Committee meeting just now. Wah, now, I'm in charge of making posters for the coming Clinic (to teach newbies) and C.Chess competition. Me making posters? Hopefully it goes alright. *Prays that my creative juices will flow smoothly* Haha.

And I went for Broga Camp last weekend that was organized by Campus Frenz. It was super duper FUN, man!!! Totally enjoyed myself there!!

I'll be blogging postS about it later so keep your toes up!!

Haha. I sound rather hyper... Must be the after-effect of the camp! Woo~!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright, good luck then.

Wah, Hip Hop dances too? How many extra-curricular activities did you took up?

Zzzyun said...

Thanks! :D It went alright~!

Yaloh, hip-hop dance too!

ECA? Can I say I took up A LOT?? Haha, I'm so going to die...lalala.