Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Right Attitude Matters

I've always tot that I was very happy in my college year. And I was. But not all 365 freaking days of the year though. -_-"" I'm still human! I have emotions! lol~

But my short-term memory loss problem can be said to be an advantage in life actually, come to think of it. Although it does come with its cons lah, like ppl raising a suspicious eyebrow when I forget stuff that I just said lah. Ppl may get annoyed if I'm not careful.. :P Sorry lo, not my fault eh.. But all the better for you to tell me secrets to, coz I forget them soon. Haha..

Anyway, why was I saying it was an advantage?

Coz I my philosophy in life is:- to take sad events in life and regard them as experiences that let us grow as a person.

And I hvta let those sad thoughts go eventually. Thinking more and more about those sad experiences without self-reflection and only wallowing in self-pity serves no purpose, if you ask me. Unless you wanna count making yourself miserable for nothing. What for, right? *careless shrug*

Anyway, I guess my short-term memory problem does help in this "selective" forgetting. Just wondering whether this short term memory loss thingy is an inborn thing or brought about by me wanting to forget unhappy stuff. I wonder.

It's also one of the many reasons I blog. If not for my old posts, I really don't think that I'd have remembered some of the not-so-pleasant stuff that happened back then. My blog serves as a reminder of the things in the past that I've oh-so-carelessly pushed to the ancient crevices of my little brain. It is like a Pensive (ala harry potter), where I can siphoned off my thoughts into, when they become too many to be managed properly.

Anyhow, I do mean it when I say happiness is a choice. Of coz, there will be the usual rainy days when nothing goes right. But after those spells, if we have the right attitude to go thru life, everything will most probably turned out alright in the end. [this does not apply to those deathrow inmates -_-""]

Allow me to quote Eve. She once said: "Learning experiences shape what we can become, but it is us who choose who we want to become." Wise words...

Remember, life is not always a bed of roses, just gotta face it calmly. :) *wah, this post got a Zen-like feel pulak... haha*

2 comments:

eve said...

life IS a bed of roses... you just have to survive the thorns to appreciate the flowers. but it would all be worth it, no? eh sorry couldn't stay for lunch. Transport was leaving immediately after we adjourned. Didn't drive.

Zzzyun said...

hmmm. guess it's true.. *thinks* well, gotta say, life have its ups and downs.. just gotta try to live life the best way i know. :D

eh no prob about the lunch. shld belanja you actually.. you really helped A LOT!! thanks ya!! ^o^