Monday, October 17, 2005

Temptation

Arggh... that foul word.

Lead me not into temptation. For I can find it myself. lol...

I gave in to temptation. Again. What did I do? Oh, nothing much would be an apt answer since I was totally procrastinating today. Well, let me see...

I watched TWO movies in one day (Note: this is the day prior to my English exam, okay!) which are Sky High & Kung Fu Hustle. I know, the latter is a bit outdated but who cares?

Warning: Spoiler Alert for 'Sky High'

  • Anyway, I liked the former so much that I almost re-watched it again the very same day [okay, rewatching means sitting thru the "scannings" of my sis to watch some specially nice scenes.] My fav scene was when Layla used her power against the crazy cheerleader(s). Okla, not going to give away too much... But I tot the guy playing the rebel with fire was pretty good-looking... The way he looked at Layla was so tender! So sensitive!! lol...

  • And I also liked the scene where he *the rebel with a cause* got together with the girl with ice power or something... Talk bout opposites! Haha... Btw, I also tot the titular character, playing Will Stronghold looks a bit like tat guy who is Malcolm in "Malcolm in The Middle". Sorry, I forgot his name ade... However, I have one complaint bout this movie! It’s almost too predictable!! If not for the slight twist at the end, it’d be about as predictable as god-knows what. And I like movies with unpredictable endings (but better not sad endings la....lol).

Warning: Spoiler Alert for 'Kung Fu Hustle'

  • Okie, now about the second movie. Well, for starters, the graphics and visuals were stunning to say the least. Actually, it reminds me faintly of Shaolin Soccer, especially the part where they start kicking a ball. However, the plot is poorly developed, with not enough attention given to developing each characters’ personality.

  • It could be better. It also leaves many Qs answered. Like was the main guy, what’s-his-name the kung-fu couple’s real son? And what happened to him and his childhood love? Shucks, some unanswered Qs are okay, but too many just irks the audiences!! People like me! Whatever. I’ll just think of it as a slightly sophisticated but albeit cheesy Hong Kong movie.

Yeap, movie reviews are done! Not bad ya, mine? Well, it comes with years of reading movies reviews (unfortunately not watching all the movies...sigh* But I'd be broke if i watched all the movies I read reviews off...)

Anyway, this immense amount of movie watching should be done AFTER I’ve finished studying for my test tmr, right? WRONG. It caused me to study late into the night and I couldn’t sleep when I wanted too [I had a splitting headache too!] since I was too nervous, I guess.

Hey, this IS do-or-die time! Oh God. Help me.

So, conclusion?

Lead me not into temptation. For I can find it myself. lol...

Well, signing off, Girl Disenfranchised as anyone could be.

No comments: