Monday, October 31, 2005

Sleep~ The Heavenly Word

Aikz, still procastinating (catchphrase's popularity originated from moi) here. But I don't want to talk about that. -_-

Anyway, today we'll visit the topic of *sleep*! Yeah, i think it's every teenager's fav word. Well, for most ppl la. Truth to be told, it's not really mine. I mean I like sleeping (I guess) but it's not what I usually do. I'm a person who doesn't sleep much at night and I only go for afternoon naps like once in a blue moon. [I don't think the moon's ever blue but u get my point..]

When I say I don't sleep much, I mean that my average sleep is like 6 to 7 hours? And don't forget the absence of naps, okay?

However, don't think that when I don't sleep much, my 'extra' time would be used fruitfully or what (like studying? Ha!), since it's usually frittered away doing some nonsensical thing. *Sigh*

Haha... actually whenever I start studying, I usually fall asleep in like 10 minutes? That is SO ironic. Blah.

Whatever. I wonder if this habit of mine is healthy. I acquired it since young. Want to know how? Read on lo.

Since young, I’ve always like to make up stories, with the main titular character being the Roger Rabbit *RR for abbreviation's sake* I have. Well, this lead to me playing with it till late into the night which caused my dad to scold me to sleep, which I erm...blatantly ‘disobeyed’ since it's not it's an order or what.

(This is one of the few childhood memories I have since being somewhat amnesia-ed.)Anyway, this also caused me to often have headaches on Sundays since it’s the day when I have to wake up real early to go to my grandma’s house.

Anyway, I was wondering whether this has affected me physiologically, through conditioning since young or something of the sort. Jeesh... I meant not having the need for much sleep, not playing with my RR la! I assure you that moi has not play with it for a long time ade, actually God knows where it has gone to. Anyway, maybe this has also made me have a high threshold for pain, in regard to headaches.Even when I’m inflicted with a lousy headache, I can still smile and talk like nothing has happen. Haha...

Oh God. Half of my post has disappeared since I pressed one wrong key!! Arggh!! And I can only remember till here what I had written before. Angry la! Written so much only disappear!

*Grinds teeth*

Okay, I think remember something else.

Ermm... I just wish that I could use this sleepless-ness to my advantage like using it more fruitfully i.e. studying for my finals!! But I'm only using it to waste more time. *Sigh* At least this torture/suffering is going to end soon... Only 2 more (science) subjects to go and I’ll be as free as a bird! Yay! 3 & a half months of FUN FUN FUN! Yes!

This is just the gist of it. I can't remember more. Wasted so much time over this stupid post. I mean I just jumped straight out of bed to online, okay?!

Addict I am.

Anyway, the most important Q is:

Is it any wonder I'm so sleep deprived as I am now?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers, fellow procrastinator:

maybe you shud read the article recommended by lydia:
http://glenrhodes.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=54&Itemid=9
though i personally dun think anyone sane should try to deprive him/herself of the sweetest indulgence in life - sleep!

hmm... blogging or sleeping? that's a tough decision... both are equally great!

btw, i'm switching to streamyx soon... maybe within 3 weeks, w/o delay. what can i say? YAYZ, of course! ;P

Zzzyun said...

hehe...actually i recommended the article first..i linked it to one of my posts (if i'm not wrong). however, i'm pretty sure that i've read it b4 from someomes's blog...

haha...sleeping is an indulgence? maybe...though not really mine la..

well, congrats on changing to streamxy! lydia'd be sad that there is 1 person less using dial-up now...keke...

and now my new catchphrase is: yayz!? lol...

Anonymous said...

i'm tring d sleeping technique posted on that blog but to no avail! :P

i still hv to wait for at least two weeks before i'm OFFICIALLY on streamyx. maybe, it's good too. since by then, the exams will be almost over d...

hmm... u're so bad... laughing at lydia. dun u understand the plight of a dialup user??? (actually, i really feel like laughing too!)

Anonymous said...

BOoooooooHOoooOOoo *weeps*.... why am I the ONLY person left that still has to use dial-up?!?!?!?!??!?! this is soooo unfair!!!!.... kryptos, how did u ever managed to persuade ur parents?? my fon bill is like.. a few hundred a month, but dad still is obstinate abt using dial-up/prepaid. SHEESH. i tink my parents came from the 16th century.

Zzzyun said...

krptos> i guess's its for da best of ur exam..or else u'll end up like me liao...keke...and i DO understand the plight of a dial-up user since i was one not too long ago...the agony! =(

well, lydia, what a pity..though i think it's kinda weird that ur parents'd rather waste more money than fix up streamxy...ask sumone to back u up la..i asked my bro and he was too happy to comply... =)

Anonymous said...

lydia>> i din persuade them. someone else did it for me! i guess u've found that out, right? haha!
RM100++ is really, really a lot! jeez, u shud really switch to broadband.

zyun>> ahem, excuse me. u've got my nick wrong lah. it's krYptos. dun makan the y lah.

Anonymous said...

kryptos reminds me of... superman!!.. kryptonite!! so, is it related in anyway?

btw ziyun, i love the music score of superman!!! been playing it over n over again these past few days. :P. oops. shud hv been studying. lol.

Zzzyun said...

krYptos> aiyah...typo cannot meh...not like i type wrong everytime...jeesh. actually, what does ur nick means? kryptonite?

lydia> yes i lurve it too! but have not been playing for a few days ade coz i wanna waste my time online...keke...hey, later give u da website to get the scores..juinhui gave it to me..

Anonymous said...

hey, i'm no super villain lah! kryptos is actually a yet-to-be-solved mystery, or a sculpture in the courtyard of the CIA HQ.
see Kryptos, the unbreakable enigma

i wanted to change my nick to falcon, which sounds better, but the it's hard to do so when the old nick got stuck.

zyun>> juz to remind u, that's all!

Zzzyun said...

superman (who is associated with kryptonite) is not a villain la. he's supposedly a hero.
anyway, i prefer krpytos over falcon. the latter sounds so cliche. so my advice is don't change! =)

Anonymous said...

zy> actually u did spell it wrongly once b4 LOL. =P

kryptos> wat hidden meaning has falcon has then? kryptos is good. lol. but i prefer the superman explanation. loll

Zzzyun said...

i spelt it wrongly again in my last comment. aikz, i wonder what is it with his name. my fingers dun behave when i wanna type his name. da combination is a bit strange...

Anonymous said...

lydia, zyun>> really? ok, then i'll retain d old one. sorry yae, i dunno much about superman. ;P but, feel free to stick to whichever meaning u prefer!

lydia>> nope. falcon has no cryptic meaning whatsoever.

zyun>> dun blame d name lah. it's ur typing skill! heheh!