Thursday, December 22, 2005

:: Alumni Nite ::

Well, guess my updates are a bit late and my memory is a bit short-termed, but I'll just try my best lo. :)

Anyway, last thursday was the HSC Alumni Nite. Pretty fun actually! It was held in Evergreen Laurel and here's I got there. My fren, siewlay said that we can go together and we're supposed to go Gurney Plaza to meet yuki & a few other ppl. But dear Lay was fashionably late so by the time when we reached there, they're gone by another car. Lol. Anyway, after preparing abit in the one of the toilets, we're ready! Haha. But we arrived abt 15 minutes after the time stated leh. Oops~

But never fear, our lateness were nothing since they began the ceremony uber late leh. Haha. Delay so long. After some deliberation due to technical problems", we're off & swinging! Started off by few speeches which I shall not elaborate on lah, before we started on the main agenda of the day --> Eat!! lol.

Lecturers were allowed to eat first before letting us on a rampage. Haha...*

There was quite a good spread! Yummy~ I started on the Japanese food course coz there were so many ppl rushing for the main course ma. I lurve the sushi spread leh, the other foods were pretty food. The lamb chop or something lidat was quite tender too. *Licks Lip* And dessert was really great too, especially love the Chocolate Mousse. Yum Yum. Hehe, I'm feeling really hungry typing this out. My stomach growling liao leh. =)

Then, there were performances by our course mates lo! They rock! Mz, on drums you rock!! :) I really feel like jamming leh! Aiyah, so long didn't jam ade! Haih... Let me see. What songs ah. Erm, there were the Friends Theme Song, Jason Mraz's You & I Both and a few chinese songs, I think. Cant really rmb. My brain is not functioning now. Blek~ Those english songs were some of my favourites eh!! Yayz!

Anyway, one of the funny things that happened was that mz lost one of his drumsticks (not chicken drumsticks la! aikz) while playing. Haha. Had to make to do with his hands lo. Keke. Rmb when we used to play the drums with the marker pens when the person in charge took away the drumsticks? lol. =) The good old days. *Sigh*

Then, it was time for Hsc's very own Maksim -- Kent to perform! Woo~ He played 2 songs for us. I must admit it, his playing is really good leh... But why did he chose two so slow songs to play leh that night? Since I'm no great shakes at the piano, it's kinda boring, ya know, no offence.

Now, if he had played something like Cubana or Flight of the Bumblebee, it'd be wayyy cool! Kolibre is good too. But I guess he has his reasons.

Anyway, Mr.Goh also sang! He said that he owned us one song becoz he was late to class once this year... Haha. The song he sang was a chinese oldie but I just can't place what song it is. Nvm.

Btw, I must emphasize that the performances that I'm talking about are not in any particular order coz due to short-termed memory on my part, I can't rmb which comes first or what. lol.

Then, there were some funny games. chiapei & jiakai volunteered to sing songs to let us guess. Sounds easy, no? There's a catch, as always. They are supposed to sing while eating a lot of crackers. Hahaha. Damn funny the sounds they made while they were ahem, "singing". Anyway, victor, who represented our table, was pretty good as he guessed correctly almost all the songs. I knew (almost) all the songs but...but I don't know what they were singing leh. Blek~ The only one I guessed correct was the last one, which is Mr. Goh's wedding song. Song translation --> The Moon Represents My Heart. But then so did most. :)

Erm...got anymore? Oh ya, the Banana game. The representatives are supposed to tie a banana onto a string on their waist and use it to knock down a bottle of water. Haha. Then the 3 best are forced to eat 2 empty buns as fast as they can to find out the ultimate winner. An alumni won that. Cool~

And there were 3 lucky draws. Unfortunately, I was not lucky that night Ahem, I'm never lucky in such things) but how come 0020 and 0030 got prizes but 0010 (i.e. me) don't have leh! Not fair! Haih.. But nvm lah. The first prize was a RM200 over webcam I want!!] while 2nd prize was a mp3 [get also good. Although I do have one ade. Hehe]...

Ok, the night was ended with a rousing performance by mz [drums], lynnju [piano] and juinhui + junyen singing. At the first song, they asked us to stand up and we're joking saying that "Eh, play Negaraku meh?" but lo behold, they really played the National Anthem eh!! Omg. So funny! Then, they played Lemon Tree and... Seasons In The Sun. Yeap. That's it.

Oh, btw I must say, Michael was a brilliant emcee that day. He's even good enough to go pro! I'm not kidding, man! =)

And so that was that. I think I quite enjoyed myself, well as much as one can enjoy while we know that our results will be released shortly. lol.

Now, if the night was a bit wilder, it'd be more fun. Not so formated, ya know. I'd have like some dancing and all. But on the whole, it was fun!

*Wonders if I shld come back next year.* :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Rmb when we used to play the drums with the marker pens when the person in charge took away the drumsticks? lol. =) The good old days. "

yeah.. those were the gd old days alright.. =) miss those times

Zzzyun said...

yeah, i really miss those times.. *sigh*

and hell, those marker pens were badly bent in shape after we're done with them. lol..

i wish i can relive those times again. :)