Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Charity Concert

Fabulous! Amazing! Incredible! Fantastic!

Whoa, wait there, girl, if I exhausted my mini-collection of positive adjectives here, I might not have enough for later. Must exert restraint. :D

Right, after that karaoke session, it was time to go home and get ready to go to the Charity Concert organized by the Star newspaper.

We're off by 6:30pm and though it was dead early (by my standards) there were A LOT of ppl there by the time we reached there. I mean, the concert was supposed to start at 8pm okay, and we're like an hour early! Haih. I guess most of the ppl were there to see the minute-sized Daniel Lee of Msian Idol Fame. Excluding moi though. Not interested at all. Except to see what's so special about him that make crowds go wild. Go figure~

Anyway, maybe as a reward for the early birds, the first front 2 rows [have to pay alot one eh] get to shake hands with the many idols and artises. It got almost quite out of control as throngs of ppl [from other rows, mind you] rushed forward to shake hands with their respective idols, especially Daniel, I guess. The MC quickly shooed everyone back so thank goodness nothing untoward happened.

We didn't budge coz our seats were quite far, about in the middle. Aiyah, what to do, no money to waste so get not-so-good seats lo. Besides, who wants to shake hands with them? Not me...! =)

Anyway, I tried to listened to my mp3 over the stupid music they're playing. God, I could be a way better DJ than whoever is it. But then no one asked my opinion so whatever.

I also met 2 frenz of mine, suelynn & peitze. The former was accompanying her bro to the concert who also happened to be a Daniel fan. Eek~ Again?!

Well, the Concert started around 8:10pm *typical Malaysian time?* in a flash of beautiful but a bit too glaring lights. I managed to remember to get a few pics from my camera phone. Yeah, I forgot to bring the camera. :( So you guys would have to be treated to substandard photos from my cell phone lo. Haih..


Nice or not, the bright flashing lights?

The english-speaking male MC was dead good, the chinese female MC got a weird chinese accent though. I think she's a Malay. Not bad liao lo. Anyway, both were hilarious, I just couldn't help laughing at the jokes! Then, it was time for a few artistes to perform lo. All were pretty good, and I regretted not watching Msian Idol's first season coz some of the finalists were real good!

However, the best singer there was no other than the pioneer Malaysian Idol --> Jacklyn Victor. OMG. Her voice is so so amazing. She sounds way better Live! [Not something everyone can do.] She was doing it all impromptu and it sounded dead fantastic! Her voice control is just way beyond imagination. You must be there yourself to be awed by it. I'm sorry but I do not have not enough adjectives for it. Of coz, she sang Gemilang which totally wowed the crowd and got the crowd all rilled up. Woo~

Even my dad admitted that she WAS good. I was totally blown away. I'd give my right arm to have a voice like that. On second thought, better not la, I still need my arm. Keke.

Anyway, after her, everyone paled in comparison especially the second Msian Idol. Omg, he is so miniscule! I'd bet that I'm taller than him *and that's saying something since I'm somewhat vertically challenged myself. ^_^* He looks so tiny on stage! Oh God. The wonders of photography! They managed to make him look way taller in photos. I wondered how did they do that...

Thinks to oneself: Can I make myself look taller too? Hehe...

Anyway, to get a more detailed view of the whole thing, click here then!

There were not so interesting items too like a band called Still Guitars which asked the crowd to pretend to shout like they're superstars. The crowd obliged though. lol...

Another boring item was a dance + song thingy called Boria which was supposed to be a famous traditional dance in Penang. Yes meh? How come I didn't know one? :T

Anyhow, many of the artises chatted in many languages & dialects. I think it was rather endearing when they spoke in Hokkien, especially Vic Teo (MI Season 1 Finalist), who was so funny!

The last artist to perform was none other than Daniel lo (I think he was placed last on purpose, you know lah, most ppl waiting for him only). A lot of ppl went wild, so I pretended to be enthusiastic lo. You know la, must pretend a bit ma, for atmosphere reasons. =)

Whatever.

Almost everyone was waiting for him, though frankly, I can't understand why. I'd prefer Jac over him anytime. Bah! His song rendition was just normal, almost the same as the album version lo. Truthfully, I could sing as good as him, if not better. TeeHeeHee. No offense, Daniel fans, just giving my two cents worth.

Oh ya, there was an auction in the middle of the concert which turned out quite funny. Some of the stuff sponsored was sold at dirt cheap prices, for example, an OSIM massager which retailed above RM1000 was sold around RM600 I think. God. And the MCs keep saying how generous Malaysians are. Well, at least there was one man who raised his OWN bid from RM800 to RM850 for charity purposes (and to save face kua). But then he was still buying the stuff much cheaper compared to the retail price.

Even the MC said: "If I had known this, I'd have registered as a bidder too."

I'd too, if I had the $$$ to match. Keke... The only item that came relatively close to its retail price was a laptop.

Anyway, there were lucky draws too. Only 1 number came quite close to one of our ticket numbers. Just missed by the second number! I think it was something by OSIM too. Gosh.

The last program was Rasa Sayang sung by all the artistes. We were going home ade, just to avoid the traffic jam. The funny thing was when Daniel's songs ended, alot of ppl were on their way out too, [thus proving my theory that they're there to see him only. Gah~] but when all the artistes came to sing again, including Daniel of coz, most of the ppl rushed back again! Haha...

So realistic leh! -_-

I guess that's about all I remember. I might add in more if sudden flashblacks fill my brain as they tend to do at times. :D Okla, cyaz!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Theory on taller-than-life:

I haven't seen the pictures/video myself, but I can guess how they did it. I think its the camera angle.

If the picture is shot from a low angle (ie. maybe... waist level and below, pointing upwards a bit), the subject will look larger-than life.

Of course, this technique is to be used with extreme caution when dealing with subjects wearing kilts or skirts.

Oh ya, you might want to consider using your camera along side with a noise removal software.

Zzzyun said...

that's what i tot too! Yippee, i'm right on first guess. :)

btw, i dun have a noise removal software... =( haih...

Anonymous said...

oh....i didn't know you were there...i went too and yes JAC rocksssssssssssssssssss and Daniel....well daniel is always daniel...i still find it really hard to believe why so many girls aka 'the pinkies' are crazy over him....i got some closer pictures coz well i'm (humbly) sitting on the second row from the stage at the right side...hehe...but my hand was shaking so frantically...as usual...the quality of the pic is well...not that good...

Anonymous said...

jac n daniel ---> malaysian idol? but they're definitely not my idols regardless of how good they sing - cos i'm not into mindless idolism.

a lot of ppl hv bad comments about daniel's singing; though there's equally as many girls going crazy over him. i think i hv to get some of his songs and judge for myself.

Zzzyun said...

karhow> ooo..u were there too! pity.. we could have sat together. that'd have been more interesting (4 me that is)

din feel like going crazy with my dad there..besides, i can only go crazy with frenz ma.. ^.^

btw, u sit so front ah? good for you lo...i can only see small figures..haih...

btw, i din know u read my blog. :)

Zzzyun said...

kryptos> as u shld know, i have made a lot of not so nice comments abt daniel's singing in my blog.

and i also dont think much of mindless idolism. Dont believe? read this!

do tell me what u think after u listened to the songds AND how he sings live.

compared to jac, he's nothing. -_-

and I also canont understand the ppl who idolises him.

the pinkies? ha! i wonder if they like him 4 his looks or his singing?

Zzzyun said...

dunno why lah. cannot link my own archives one...

so this is the url then. copy n past urself! =)


http://xpressionofself.blogspot.com/2005/08/idol-idola-not.html

Anonymous said...

i'm one of the biggest fan of your blog...very informative actually...and ur english is very good so i learn a few new words here and there... =)

Zzzyun said...

my blog is informative?? (1st time ppl give such comment)

well, maybe once in a while..
i think i mostly crap abt...me...most of the time. lol

and my english is good?! i'd think yours would be better! =)

Anonymous said...

yeah, i'm downloading dan's album on bittorrent. it's quite sluggish though, due to the lack of seeders... and i can't find jac's songs....

my oh my... din' know u're a narcissist too! lol!

yeah, i hate those rags n tabloids which r only full of gossips but lack of intellectual value.

now that i come to think of it, i do admire some pretty female artists n those with sweet voices... ;P

Zzzyun said...

admiring them for their 'good genes' is ok with me...but idolizing them for it? Nah~

and do tell me what u think of dan's songs after u'd downloaded them, okay?