Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Nicol David

Right, this is something I've been wanting to mention but I keep forgetting. Opps~ A sign of old age, perhaps? Hehe....

Anyway, Nicol David, the amazing squash player is..

World No.1!!

Ok ok, kind of old news if you read the dailies. Then, this is not something my peers do regularly anyway. Reading the news, I mean.

So here I am to give you guys a heads-up lo.

You don't wanna look silly when other ppl ask you about this and you go: "Oh, really ah? Omg, I didn't know leh! *Cue to look paiseh*" after a couple of weeks later... -_- So outdated.

Anyway, I tot it was pretty cool having a Malaysian as a World Champion, besides, she's so young too!

And notwithstanding the fact, she's also ... a Penangnite! Hehe. Yeah, Penang Boleh! Cool~

Since I'm too lazy to blog rant more about her achievements, I figured that links would do just as well. ^_^

So, click here and here and here for more info. Toodles!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

unless ur frens are living in some cave in the taman negara, there's no way they don't know about this even if they don't read the newspapers. heck, an indian parking attendant in batu lanchang was proudly announcing that to everyone!

Anonymous said...

and by the way, i DON'T adore you!!!

Zzzyun said...

hahaha... yer...

din even give ppl face one...
hana hana..
i change later lo okay? I like to feel some adulation now n then.

i think I'm becoming a narcissist too. -_-

and the parking attendant did that? serious?

wow. patriotic guy.

and i think i'm quite patriotic too. although i think i have been in denial for some time now. :)

Anonymous said...

Ya, I know...

Haiz... Kedah (the host state) is dead meat in next year's SUKMA.

Zzzyun said...

yayz! Penang is sure win one liao!

Those going up against her are going to be shaking in their very shoes.. ke lian.. =P

Anonymous said...

zyun>> yeah, seriously. and suddenly, my bro's tuition teacher claimed to be some relative of Nicol's family... hmm... (*frowns)

Anonymous said...

lol, guess that makes her a national heroine. Finally something we Malaysians can actually be proud of.

Whispers:
Die... my home state is gonna get creamed (at least in squash, female category) next year...... Oh well... at least its in the hands of a better woman.

Zzzyun said...

kryptos> haha. I guess ppl are claiming such stuff after she has become a world champion. *wonders if there's any chance it might be true*

suntzu> ur home state is definitely going to get creamed. Muahaha...

Anonymous said...

Hurm,nice news.
Anyway,if anyone is interested to read news of wats goin on in MALAYSIA(ASIA)..Visit my Blog...im onli 16.
Bye2
http://fraze.blogspot.com