Friday, December 09, 2005

The Bf + Gf Thingy

Eh, you got boyfriend already or not?
No-lah.
-_-
Really ah? Don't bluff, you know.
Aiyah! Why do I need to bluff you? Don't have means don't have lah.
*Sweats*

What is it with some of my (old) friends anyway? Everytime we have a reunion of sorts, this is The Question that burns to be asked by them. *Sigh*

Do people (who just escaped their non-co-ed high school) plunge straight into the dating stream once they go to college? I don't think so, especially with the non-even ratio at colleges or unis nowadays. By that, I mean male/female ratio lo. More competition. T_T Dunno why that's happening though. =)

But surely going to college equals getting a college education? Does getting a bf/gf factor into the equation? Enlighten me pls, coz I'm unwise about such matters. :T

Anyhow, it doesn't mean that one shld throw oneself at any (hot) guy/girl one meets, right? Or simply accept the unfortunate guy/girl who thows himself/herself at your feet, confessing his/hers dying love (?!!) [Still got such thing? Oh, cynical me.] :D to you and blah blah blah. Talk about imprudence & being unfair to others.

I admit it, I'm really choosy in matters of the heart. Hey, I'm not a Virgo for nothing, ya know?

*Maybe I shld take a leaf out of Lyd's book and draw up a List for future reference hor? Good Idea! Makes a mental note*

Oh ya, by the way, I think I'm also scared of commitment!! You know, having a bf/gf is just like another person sharing your life in its purest form, which is dead scary for me, commitmentphobia freak! :( I think it's way creepy that someone would call you all day askin how you are, whacha doing now etc. Guess that I won't ever be a clingy girlfriend then, which is good for the guy, of coz.

But none of that hanky panky, mind you.

*Wags finger menacingly*

Some more hor, why do they think I'd like to bluff them? When I enquire why [politely of coz], they will say maybe it's because I don't want to let others know wo. Strange. Is it such a shameful thing? Nope, last I checked.

Anyway, can't we girls survive without a guy? I really really don't believe that I won't be able to "feel whole" without a guy (as an ornament... Teeheehee) on my side. I'm feeling quite whole now, thank you for your kind concern.

Wah, I sound quite scary, no? Hmm... At this rate, I just might scare away potential suitors leh. But whatever. I'm in a don't-carish mood now. Haha!

Right, did I mention I'm quite cynical sometimes, especially in this area?

Oh ya, I did.

*Mutters something about getting more senile everyday...lol*

Sometimes, being single IS a choice. =)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa, was it me who triggered something with the bachelor thingy post?

well, a lot of my friends jump straight into relationships as they entered form six. maybe it's the raging horrmones. or maybe it's that "everyone-has-a-gf/bf-and-so-must-i" kind of attitude.

i do agree that being committed means meeting more expectations (wooing ur gf/bf's etc) and having less freedom (no flirting etc).

but what to do... the stars hv it in such a way that love life is an essential part of a libran (though currently, mine is dry and dull). neway who cares? it can wait. i'm a teenager still with plenty of time to appreciate "bachelorhood"! =P

Anonymous said...

"Love life is an essential part of a libran" eh? Try Pisces, then try steering away from relationships.

Hard life I have here, eh?

Anonymous said...

jun lin>> gosh, u speak exactly like a friend of mine (another pisces).

Anonymous said...

(would that friend be fun cheong?)

actually it's not that bad now... wait till you hit 20, then the "yi ma gu jeh"s will start the "still not married yet ar?" lectures.

then it's "don't be so choosy lar", "other ppl also got kids d lor"... in the very end, "mou ngan tai"

-.-"" yeah i know, the hols made me very wu liao

Anonymous said...

Krptos>
Huh!? omg!

Samuel>
Uh oh... I might want to consider living in the middle of nowhere.

Zzzyun said...

kryptos> well, i was already halfway along the post before i read urs, so the idea is all mine! =P
btw, i think it's more like that "everyone-has-a-gf/bf-and-so-must-i" kind of attitude than the raging hormones. thk goodness i dont swim with the crowd. =)

guys> u think guys have it bad? at least u all can stil get hooked around your 30s and no one will say anything.

but imagine if you were a girl! I'm sure the 'yi ma gu chehs' would be WorSe!!
but thk goodness i dont have to worry about that...yet.

what is this talk about love life being an essential for a pisces or libran? anyone care to explain? besides, i dun think having a love life has anything to do with your horoscope, more like your personality, though. :)

Anonymous said...

Pisces are said to be romantic :S

I've lost count how many times I've heard that

Zzzyun said...

Hmmm.. Really?

Pardon me, but u dont really seem the type. but then I might not know u throughly enough then.

This is a Q for ur gf liao.. Hehe...

Anonymous said...

Quoted from: http://www.innerself.com/

Libra is traditionally known as: diplomatic, active, urbane, romantic, charming (*take note! lol!), easygoing, sociable, idealistic, optimistic, affectionate, artistic, peaceable, polished, socially inclined, and good at understanding another person's point of view. They are superb listeners and sticklers for fairness.

On the shadow side: indecisive, changeable, frivolous, gullible, easily influenced, flirtatious (ya meh?), self-indulgent, stubborn, and a narcissist at heart (true, true).

Anonymous said...

sam>> no lah, not fun cheong... another pisces....

Zzzyun said...

kryptos> wah.. how come most of the adjectives used to describe you can be used to describe me too?
*winks*

so, horoscopes are not really accurate after all, right?

Anonymous said...

naw, i still believe horoscopes are accurate at least to some extent.

Zzzyun said...

actually, i used to think there was some grain of truth in them.

but sometimes, i think it's becoz we read too much of horoscopes, we tend to gear ourselves to become like so.

but anyhow, I still read mine. =)