Sunday, December 11, 2005

Singing Our Hearts Out

Ok, we do it chronologically lah. I'll talk about the morning + afternoon section of my day first in this post.

Yesterday was damn syiok, man! Okay, I woke up around 6 something in the morning so that my dad can send me to my fren, xinyu's house on his way to work. I only had 4 hours sleep, ya know, coz I slept around 2 am the previous night. I think I'm really a night person. =P

So I was damn tired coz the past few days also not enough sleep (all of my own doing, I know) so I kept yawning like mad. Reached my fren's house and we yakked away for hours. First, she showed me her many many [almost 12 I think] photos albums of the days she spent in US as part of an exchange programme. I think I only managed to finish 8 albums coz both of us were tired (me from lack of sleep & energy and her from explaining abt her many experiences). Hehe. Good enough la.

Then, another 2 frenz start arriving [we're going together] and we chatted away nonsensically lo. Chatted until 10 something before her mum said we should get going ade lo, coz she wanna drop us there on her way to work. Anyway, she totally grilled me about the Karaoke Lounge we're deciding to go to *Star Ktv in 1-stop, practically obsolete I know, but the package is really worth-it, hence my choice lo. :)* asking me how the place is, are there any unsavoury ppl hanging around, is it safe and blah blah blah. Maybe I look more like a punk =P (no tattoos though, don't worry) compared to my more demure frenz.

Well, college does change ppl sometimes, I guess. Apparently, I was the only one who have been there before, many times summore lo. Hehe. Anyway, she finally relented and we're off! Thank God.

We reached there around 10:30 am and we lepak-ed around, listening to songs on our mp3s while yakking lo. (What else?) See Ting bought her mp3 at pcfair for RM235 and hers looked much nicer than mine leh, so sleek and silvery! Same features, btw. Yer~ I would rather spend a little bit more so it looks more cool! :( It looks more expensive too. Haih, what to do. Must hunt around more before deciding next time. Must be more discerning too. =(

After that, we went to Popular to hang around, waiting for the karaoke lounge to open for business. I finished reading the section abt life after death in "Singapore's Ghost Stories 13", so no need to buy ade! I don't really like ghost stories anyway, I have a too vivid imagination. Hehe.

Then, it was time for some singing!! Yayz~ I just lurve siiiinging! We had 4 hours to sing and we started right away lo. We sang to alot of songs lah, but mostly chinese songs coz for starters, my frenz don't really know english songs and ya know lah, english songs more difficult to sing lah. We did do a few malay numbers, courtesy of moi. Our last song was Gemilang lo!

Aiyah, damn diff to sing, but then I don't have the lungs of Jac, so nvm lo. =) I was to hear this song later that night, sung the way it should be sung.

We're real cuckoos, me & another crazy fren even sang to an old old song called "Ban4 Huang2 Di4". I learnt that song from my mum. lol... Hey, I sounded fabulous leh, didn't know I could hit the high notes so nicely. :D I sounded really good at certain songs, I think it must have been the correct key for me or something. Wee~ I still wanna sing summore!!

Anyway, we sang for 4 hours straight, and we went pretty crazy during the dancey songs, bouncing off the cushioned sofas. We sung, danced and practically went mad. Haha. I think this is one of the few times I had a really good time singing + dancing with my frenz lo. No barriers. Just let ourselves go! Woo~

Okay, we went home after going crazy lo! :D

Oh, ya... there was something that put a dampen on my spirits. I got a rather untimely bout of hay fever attack (again?!) when I was at my fren's house which didn't stop til I got to the concert. Haih... Therefore, I was napping throughout a few songs which I didn't like. Hey, don't worry, I can still partay when I'm feeling slightly under the weather! Woohoo~ I still went mad anyway.

Okay, will continue about my fabulous night at the Charity Concert. Cya!

No comments: