Thursday, November 17, 2005

Day 1 of Pangkor Trip

Okay, this is the post about my trip to another island~ since I do live on an island too, right? Thank goodness it's way advanced than these sort of islands. I would go to sleep right away if you want me to live there. No offense, you guys.

Here goes:

DAY 1 =13th Nov

Woke up way early at 6 am. Started making a few last minute preparations and everyone was geared to go by 7 am. Picked up my cousin who was coming along with his family (who were still at Kedah then). It was a tad squishy at the back seat. Jeesh.

Anyway, it was pretty boring coz I forgot to bring any nice cds to put in the car stereo and had to listen to Daniel (blek~my sis's idol! eww..) all the way!! The song, Mimpi is quite nice, by Malay songs' standard, but his voice is pretty weak. Not a bit manly, at all. Did you know that his live rendition during the finale had many placed where he went off tune? I heard all of them clearly since my sis uploaded it thru ARES. I guess when you don't see his "good looks", you hear all the flaws. Eww.

Right, digressed again. Then, it was the car trip to our destination. Boring, but I couldn't catch a nap becoz sleeping in the car is pretty uncomfortable. *Sigh*

Fast-forward a bit. Ok, reached the hotel via a ferry [which was too slow for me btw]. Time for lunch! We're pretty ravenous!! We chose to have lunch ala carte at a restaurant named Garden Terrace. The food was really good but unfortunately the prices were very good too (for them, that is). The average price of a dish there is RM20, ya know?

So I decided to try something special. I ordered Mexican Foldovers. Don't ask me "what was that?" I didn't know beforehand. It looked pretty tasty though when it arrived after a long long time. Took a bite.. Yummy~ I managed to finished it all with a little help from my siblings helping themselves to the many fries there. It kinda looked like the mexican thingy they're advertising at kfc, minus the chicken meat from kfc of coz. Pity I didn't take a pic of it, I forgot. It'd make u guys droll for sure. Ha!

Then, we went to rest in our rooms after a nice bath. I couldn't sleep though so I watched Disney Channel with my sis since she sorely missed said Channel after it was cut off from my home Astro [She watched a lil' too much, that's why]. Afterwards, fell asleep a little *Can you blame me? I was watching Disney Channel, okay?*

Then, it was time for dinner!! We all headed down to the yummy buffet prepared. Food Food Food! The array of food was pretty amazing! I drooled [a figure of speech only, rest assured] all over the choices for salad only! So many types of dressing, so many things to add to the main veggies. Yum! I loved the tiny strips of Parmesan Cheese that I kinda sprinkled liberally them all over my salad.

The other choices were pretty good too. Lots of meat though, and most of them was red meat actually, which was not really healthy. I liked the deserts though. The chocolate cakes were heavenly! *Lips lip* The soups were not any of my fav type though. Some herbal soup that my mum said was uber healthy but I hate the smell of herbs! Eww.. Ice cream came with choc & strawberry syrup but the ice cream had a kind of strong smell that I didn't really like. That's about all for the buffet. There'll be more to come anyway. :P

Then, after we stuffed ourselves crazy, we went to the beach to relax. We sat on these nice laid back chairs and talked the night away. We must have been there for a few hours. Chat included of gossip of certain relatives and a wide range of topics. The scenery there was quite nice leh. The coconut trees swayed in the wind while tiny stars twinkled overhead. So beautiful!

There was even a few couples having their meal outside on the beach. It does not come cheap, it costed RM 175 per pax!!--we checked. All were caucasians, who to them this price is dirt cheap after the foreign exchange money rate or something.

After chatting till around 11 pm, we're all decide to go back to our rooms. I showered then watched tv a little. Yeah, you got it right. It was Discovery Channel again with my sis. Whatever. Fell asleep afta a while. And it was onto dreamland (though technically I didn't dream or sleep soundly coz the pillows were too soft).

To be continued...in the following post. Don't want to make it too long winded. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want photos!
I want photos!
I want photos!
I want food!
I want Discovery Channel!
!?
*Pretends nothing happened*
I want photos!
I want photos!
I want photos!

Zzzyun said...

haha...okok...gotta wait till my bro buys the bluetooth thingy for the comp...till then, bear with me coz there'll be no photos till then...

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

hmm... pulau pangkor... my grandparents used to live there... they hv an orchard and it's fun to stay in a kampung. unfortunately, they've moved to sitiwan, a boring, sleepy town....

Zzzyun said...

yeah. sitiawan is pretty a sleepy town. we stopped by there on the way home... but i dont think i'll get used to living on such a remote island..so few things to do! i'll be bored to death...
*dies of boredom*