Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Details Voila!

Okay, since I focused on my interview these past few days, I've some miscellanous stuff hanging around again. So, point form it will be then.

Let me see:

  • I went on 2 shopping sprees recently, on friday night and saturday afternoon. Notice the connection? Well, one is before my interview while the other is after. Haha.. Retail therapy really works! =) The former (shopping spree) was so good that I managed to erase my impending tension of the interview which returned in full force after the shopping spree though. Blah. Anyway, the latter served to wipe away my frustration at under-performing [is there such a word?] during the interview. It really worked, coz before that I was squirming in frustration...scared that I'd destroyed my future. A burden that I'd not care for. Anyway, retail therapy really soothed my frazzled nerves! Great~ Btw, I got 3 tops and a skirt. But only 1 of the tops was suitable for uni. Haha...

  • Watched an episode of Rome last night. Actually, it was the premier. However, I don't think I'd be able to catch the rest coz it's on tuesday nights and weekday nights are when the Astro is not available to moi. *Sigh* I had to bribe and plead like hell to watch 4400 in its entirety. Aikz.. But the storyline of "Rome" looks good but a tad confusing when you're not paying attention. However, it's a little too crude + cruel for my tastes. Their torture methods are so scary!! O_O They crucify ppl just to make them talk!!! Omg~ Julius Caesar is sure one scary guy.

  • Oh ya. Ms Leela called me last friday. Surprised? So was I. Apparently, she wanted to ask me bout the prices of my textbooks I left in her office. I told her that I tot the students in charge of the bookstore were supposed to price it for us. But she says that there's a girl who has the same subject combination as me next year and she wants to buy my books now. So in the end, I said that she (Leela) can price it for me then. Whatever. However, this was not the funny thing. After all business was done, she decided to ask me whether I was enjoying my hols to which I promptly replied "okla". She then proceeded to ask me how did I fared in the Chem finals. I gave another vague 'ok" coz truthfully, I've totally forgotten almost everything about my exams. I figured that an "ok" would be good enuf to get me off the hook. lol.. After that, she gave me a passionate "byebye" [you know her style la] which I tried to return in the same fashion before hanging up. Blek~ I must have sounded like a complete idiot the entire duration of the telephone conversation. I must have "um-ah-huh-okla" the whole conversation!! Why? Coz the tv was on way loud in the same room, courtesy of my siblings so I couldn't hear properly lo. Not my fault ya..! =) Well, at least all my books are sold! Shld be good price too. $$$...

  • Btw, I must say, I feel so utterly taken advantage of yesterday. Why? Well, as you know, my interview was one of the earliest so it wasn't a surprise to me that a lot of ppl will call to get "inside info". It's ok by me if ppl I'm close to wanna ask me for the inside scope. I'm perfectly fine with it. But when some ppl step over an invisible barrier. (!!) Sometimes, it's just too much. A certain someone, I shall call X, [for privacy reasons] who had rarely talked to me in recent months suddenly called/sms-ed me to inquire. Wtf! And I rmb when I asked X some time earlier whether X was thinking of doing medic, X even asked why I asked like it was some sort of top secret that I had accidentally stumbled into. Damnit. There were many many ppl who called... I didn't know I was so popular *Sarcastic tone pls*. Hurhur. All Hail Me! lol... Whatever. This is how the f***king world is now.

  • Btw, since the movie--> The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe [I hope i got the order correct] is coming out soon, bookshops are now in a frenzy to sell as many of the original books as ever. I read some of the books some time ago, in my sch library but I didn't manage to finish the whole series. Anyway, I wasn't thinking of buying actually, but then my sis saw this really worth-it offer in Popular. It was 7 books conpressed into one big thick book which costs abt RM70. Cool~ Coz the nice hard cover series which have the books all nicely separated out costs abt RM200! While buying all the separate books will rake up around RM140. So this was the greatest offer one could get. So my dad said ok to my sis. I was ok coz maybe I'll read it if I have the time, though seriously, it's getting a little immature for me. But when we got home, she sighed and said: "Aiyah, so thick, maybe I don't want to read liao". -_- I felt like: "Hey, you wanna buy the book, you read it. Besides, you're the one who asked for it anyway". But rest assured, I didn't say that (well, maybe only in my mind). I told her she could read the 1st book first anyway. Let's hope that works.

  • My family and I went out for dinner at a nearby kopitiam. There was this raggedy guy asking for money--get this--to buy milk for his daughter! I must emphasize, he does not look like someone concerned abt his daughter's welfare (If he have one that is, which I seriously doubt). I mean he was smoking for starters. If he really has no money to buy milk, he'd have willingly sacrifice his money for cigarettes to buy milk, no? Anyway, my parents didn't give him any. I was surprised though that many ppl gave him money. Are they so naive? This was really a clear cut case, was it not? Btw, he even have the audacity to want at least RM1! However, the good part was yet to come. After wandering all over the kopitiams in the area, [he must have made a neat bundle since quite a lot of ppl gave him money by the dollarS lo] he again returned and ask for money from an old man sitting at the table opposite me. The old man frowned and said that he had ALREADY given him money (RM5 I saw) earlier. The shameless man replied: Si meh? (Yes meh?) before hurriedly shuffling away. Serves him right! Ask from the same person again. Keke. Really, I think I shld put on some old clothes and get some money by saying that I need money to buy milk for my imaginary daughter. I didn't know ppl were so naive kind nowadays. Sounds like a good plan, yeah? No-lah. I can earn money thru the right way la. Don't worry. I won't descend to such extremes like him. Shame on him too, coz he was perfectly healthy ~no missing limbs or whatnots~ and I think that the money will most probably bel squandered on ciggies and/or drugs. Gah!

Aikz, that's all for now. I'm glad I cleared up my clutter again! Yay~ Nothing like mind-cleaning. Hehe.. =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bout the interview thing, you said that people are coming to you for more information or things like that. Well, sometimes I think it's alright too. You know, last time I didn't really talk to Li Lian and Jolene, Kar How and Liangwei also, but JPA thing brought us closer and I'm glad too. Sometimes, it may be a good thing.
Cheers.

Zzzyun said...

Well, linhui, as i said, i'm perfectly ok with ppl i'm close to coming to me for info...

but sometimes, some ppl suddenly popping up is just plain weird (to me, that is). It's like they pop up when they want something from u. While normally, they stay away.

I dunno how 2 explain without telling who X is. But whatever.

Maybe you're a big-hearted person but, I admit I'm not. I do not like being used. Period.

Just a lesson in life. =Aikz=

Anonymous said...

When finished doing my Add Math project last year, someone popped up out of nowhere asking to join my team, explaining that his team didn't do anything. Imagine that...

About the guy buying milk for his daughter, you have no idea how profitable pan handling can get, although I consider it very shameful (despite the fact some pan handlers are richer than me)

Anonymous said...

Oh ya, almost forgot.

I read from somewhere that when Caesar and his legions were campaigning in Gaul (modern France), his legionaries made up a song, which they sang as they marched.

It went something like:
"Hide your Women, Caesar is coming!"

Zzzyun said...

oh, they’re called pan handlers la...sounds a bit like pan handling for gold eh, like in olden times.

hmm, abt that song, I wouldn’t put it pass Caesar. I wouldn’t want to live in Rome, especially as a slave. There was one woman who said: Better bring him back in one piece or I’ll use your daughter’s eyes as beads.

Omg~ That is so scary!
Say NO to slavery!!