Sunday, November 20, 2005

Day 3 of Pangkor Trip

Day 3 = 15th of Nov

Okayyy, the last day of my trip! Well, again I was woked up early by the damn alarm clock. The early birds (a.k.a. my parents and my aunt & uncle) decided to go for another stroll. Again?! Whatever. Just to humour them lo. Hehe..

So after the obligatory stroll, almost the same things happened as the day before, we went in for buffet breakfast. Heavenly~ *Someone said that this is one of my catchphrases too wo.. lol..* Anyway, I lurve the baguette... It's so crunchy!! Dunno why, I think I've a fetish for exotic food--no fried cockroaches though! :P There was even Nasi Lemak and porridges with lots of choices of servings. I didn't eat any of those coz it can be found anywhere anyway.

Then it was time to heave our luggage down [we packed the night before] to the lobby. Almost bye-bye time ade lo. *Sob* =Waterworks pls= After checking out, we were sent off with a shuttle bus to the jetty. Well, we waited for the ferry to arrive while I observed that there were not many passengers going with us. Only a foreign couple speaking some language I couldn't identify. Haiya.. The ferry's super cold air-con was quite a change from yesterday's hotness.

Thank goodness I was wearing long sleeves. I was to regret this later.

Anyway, believe it or not, I fell asleep on the ferry!! Okay, maybe I was bored to sleep by my sis's endless stories about her bratty classmates. Thx but no thx! I think I even dreamt a little, but I can't rmb what was it ade. ~Shrug~ Only woke up when we're near to shore. We lugged our luggage around while both dads went to get the cars.

While we're waiting, there was this little malay kid who was playing around, when suddenly he fell down BAM! like that in front of me cousins. My 2 stupid cousins & 1 bro (who are around my age) just stared at the kid, no one help him up! My God. He was lying straight on the (dirty) floor okay! What the hell is wrong with you guys! =( He laid there for a relatively long time, not crying, as if inviting ppl to help him up. I'd have helped him up but when I noticed, his sis was ade helping him up. I was facing the opposite direction initially, for your information. Oh, what dreadful apathy our society has fallen into! I do think that the Muhibah spirit is truly lacking in certain circles of our society. Gosh. This is not good. Both mothers lectured their sons for not lending a helping hand [quite literally in this case] to the poor kid. I guessed he learnt a lesson today. Never to expect ppl like my cousins to help him up since they're too daft for that. Gah!

Ok, enuf of ranting to let off steam.

*Cools down by pouring cold water over head*

Right, back. Then, it was onto the tiring car journey back to dear Penang. I regretted my choice of clothing now coz it was HOT! Stupid weather. It chosed to be hot when the sun was shining directly on my side of the car. Arggh.

Halfway, we stopped at the sleepy town of Sitiawan. "Just to have a look" my dad said. Whatever. Our parents bought some of the special local produce. Mee Shua [dunno english call what lah]. Then they decided to have brunch by enjoying the local specialty. All sorts of mee cooked with the Mee Shua. Some decided on Wan Tan Mee, I went for Shui Kau Mee since Pan Mee was sold out ade. My parents sure horliao leh, after the very full breakfast they still want to force us to eat brunch. Siao! After that, we off. To a very boring car ride. Blek~ Can't even sleep coz my siblings were pretty noisy. *Sigh*

And after a few agonizing hours, we were back to home sweet home--Penang. I think I'm going to miss my home a lot when I spread my wings to a new place next year.

There's no better place than Home, where the heart rules.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This I consider when choosing which seat in the car to take:

1. Direction to destination (especailly if its north or south)
2. Time
3. Weather

Then, I'm can have a cozy sleep in the shade :p

Malaysia is so ironic in many ways, isn't it? From the temperature, to the people.

Zzzyun said...

*sigh* but for my family cannot leh..coz we always go back to our original seats...
it's like we've alwiz been sitting in the same seat whenever we go..so on a trip, we have to go back to our self-assigned seats...hehe..

msia is ironic? definitely! =)