Sunday, November 27, 2005

= Screwed Up =

Oh, yes, I did. Screwed up, I mean.

The title of this blog does not bear happy tidings. *Sobs*

Well, let's start from the beginning, shall we?

I was allocated the first slot. 9 am in the morning. Yee. *Hair stands on end*

Anyway, I was dead early coz there was no traffic. Come on, I arrived earlier than the staff in charge of the interview thingy.. A little too enthusiastic, are we? Not.

Right, straight to the point. Coz I got lots of stuff to say.

One of the interviewers had time to kill, so he came over to talk la, he was really friendly so i was hoping that I'll be interviewed by him. But alas, no.

Anyway, there were 4 interviewers, split into 2 groups. I was quite unfortunate coz I got the other duo, which I had not make a good impression (being so early and all) yet. But to be fair, mine were quite okay, not like your average, out-for-your-blood kind of interviewer.

Well, surprisngly, I wasn't really nervous when I went in. I smiled, said "Morning" and sat down when they offered me the seat.

And they started with a Q which totally caught me off unaware but i shld have tot of. -_-

It was --> Tell me about yourself.

I totally blanked!! I shld have said something about my hobbies or whatever. Instead, I digressed and talked bout my family (!!) which the woman cared to point out to me once I finish blabbing.

Anyway, I said something which was a big no-no.

I mentioned that I was a "high achiever". Major BLEK. It just popped out! [Besides, I got a diff viewpoint abt what the phrase really means. That's really why I said it.] My dad reckoned that I shldn't have said that coz it makes me sound arrogant, which I'm not, I hope.

Then, the conversation progressed as below.

Interviewer: Oh, High Achiever?

Shaking Me: Yeah.

Interviewer: High Achiever as in what?

Dying Me: Erm, academics...

Interviewer: Oh, academics. Academics only?

Crazy Me: Well, academics and sports.

Interviewer: I see.

Die, what a nice good 1st impression.

Then, they progressed to the definitely-will-be-asked Qs like: Why you wanna be doctor ah?And some others. I have quite forgotten. Bad memory.

I gave okay answers, not really brilliant or anything. What to do. Then, they asked me bout my co-curricullum. Which was just blah. [I'm lazy, yeah.]

They're kinda surprised that I didn't take part in St.John/Red Cresent, and I told them I was involved in Girl Guides. And they asked me bout the experinces and I crapped my way thru.

They're also interested about my experience voluntering in Adventist Hosp. Again, take the same route, crapped like hell. But I did better in this coz I was more hands-on. Phew~

Then, they asked: "Why do u want to go to IMU?" followed by"Tell me more abt IMU." I saved my butt by the same way again. Crap. Then we talked bout the PMS thingy, which was okay, I guess. But they later asked another trick Q which was: So, do u think that the uni in seremban is equally good (as the other PMSs)? But I think i'll pass.

Anyway, I was handed a death sentence in the form of a case study. I'm lazy to blog bout it now, maybe later.

Well, I must say, I shld have read properly the damn thing!! Whatever. Anyway, my first attempt was lousy but from the heart. I think that the woman must have taken a liking to me pity on me so she gave me a tiny hint. I think the man din really noticed it coz he was kinda satisfied with my subsequent answer. Finally! Something that I can triumph of.

Then, they gave a case study (albeit verbally) which I quite happily zipped thru coz this has something to do with firmness and social skills. Both which I have in abundance. Hehe... =) Will tell in detail later.

Hmm. What's next? *Deep in thought* I think quite near the ending liao kua. I really blank ade now. If there's anything special, I'll post up later.

U know how long my interview last? 25 freaking minutes!! So long hor?

Anyway, I feel REALLY frustrated coz I'm really really afraid that I cannot get in becoz of my lousy performance during the interview.

I wasn't myself. Too polite. Not funny at all. Not really me.

Die. If I don't get in, I think I'll throw myself off the nearest highest building. Or slit my wrists.

Aiyah, both so painful hor. Must take Leela's advice la. Breathe in CO!! lol..

But jokes aside, I really hope I get in. =(

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope it wasn't as bad as you thought. But even if it didn't worked out (Heaven forbid...), at least we all leart a valuable lesson.

Psst... Lydia, everyone, take note!

Zzzyun said...

aikz, if it doesn't work out, i dunno what will i do!!!

pls pls let me get in!!

Arggh.........

and dun talk 2 me bout valuable lessons, coz this could be one costly lesson. =(

Anonymous said...

i noe .. reading every word carefully :P lol.

all the best zy!!

Anonymous said...

huh.. btw what's PMS?? i tot it was post-menstrual syndrome? but tat doesn't fit into ur blog. :P

Zzzyun said...

well, lydia, PMS usually stands for PRE Mendstrual Syndrome but in this post it means Partner Medical Sch...
dun ask me why they must choose the same abbreviation...funny!

Anonymous said...

let's just hope that things aren't as bad as u think!

i was having all sorts of pessimistic thoughts too after my monbukagakusho scholarship interview: "why did i answer that way", "i should 've...", "i've totally screwed up!", "could hv done better"... but, well, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best like i do!

Zzzyun said...

"why did i answer that way", "i should 've...", "i've totally screwed up!", "could hv done better"...

this are exactly the sort of thoughts that I'm having currently!! haih...

ok, i think i'll be more optimistic.
~Keeping fingers crossed~ =)

Anonymous said...

oops... yeah.. it's PRE.. :P