Saturday, November 19, 2005

Day 2 of Pangkor Trip (Part 2)

Day 2 = 14th Nov (Part 2)

Right, continuing from where we went out for lunch in the middle of the round-the-island-trip. We stopped at a kopitiam (coffeeshop) somewhere while the van driver waited for us. It was pretty old looking and since the driver only gave us 40 minutes, my dad asked for dishes that can be cooked/served fast. We had some sort of tauhu dish (tofu), o-chien [don't ask me what that is, I dunno..], Fu Yong fried egg (for my sis who couldn't eat the other dishes), green tasteless veggies and a few more dishes that I can't remember liao.

All in all, the skills of the cook was pretty lousy and I still I prefer the kopitiams in Penang! Penang food rocks!! =) And they even have the audacity to charge us such high prices!! Almost RM100 for such lousy tasteless food! Just becoz we were tourists! Bah!

Anyway, after a not-so-satisfying lunch, we headed out to our next destination. It was a Dutch Fort. Pretty cool, but there wasn't much left of the fort. Three half walls and a sort of pavement thingy outside. We waited for a tour group of graduation students to stop taking endless pictures before going in. I took a few pics of coz with my cell phone. There were some cool white patterns built outside the fort. Must have taken some time to build.

Well, there was also a trough in the (quite small) fort where I think they kept prisoners. Hrumph. *Yaya, I ain't an advocate of mindless violence lah..* There was also a gift shop in those wooden malay houses. We went in to take just a tiny look before setting off again.

We tot we're heading home ade but the tour guide said still got time left, still can go sight-see one more spot. So we were lead to a temple--Kuan Yin's Temple, to be exact. It was quite beautiful actually the temple. Set high above, we climbed up. There was a vertically-placed rock set outside with wise words carved on it. I'll post a pic later coz as I said, my Chinese Star program has gone wrong. Oh well.

Anyway, we paid our homage to the various Gods there. Don't ask me why got other Gods when it's name is such. I also took a pic of the Goddess of Mercy on a golden dragon. Lovely! I like that pic so much, coz the grandeur really showed thru. Then, after various pictures were taken, it was time to head back to the hotel.

Well, we took a rest coz we're pretty tired out ade, what with the hot weather and the scurrying here and there.

Nearing evening, again we went for the buffet. Delicious~ The food was a bit different from the previous day’s and I give them credit for that. Some ppl even went to eat the Wan Tan Mee as if it can't be eaten anywhere else. Maybe it can't... for them. But I didn't coz I know where to find the best Wan Tan Mee in Penang. Hehe... I went for the salad of coz since I like eating it so much. I did eat the other main courses and the desserts too. There was Miso Soup too, but I didn't try coz it looked icky. lol.. But I won’t say much ade, just that the rest was as gorgeous as the previous night's.

*Stomach growling*

Then, again, we went out to sit at the beach to admire the night scenery there. Those laid back chairs are quite nice actually, to sit back and chit-chat. Again, we chatted till quite late before going to bed. And that was how we spent the second day in Pangkor Island. Not bad, though with a few unpleasantness. But that can’t be helped when you're on holiday. Yayz!

Next post will be on the 3rd day (i.e. last day).

Till then, Cya!! =)

No comments: