Friday, November 18, 2005

Day 2 of Pangkor Trip (Part 1)

Day 2 = 14th Nov (Part 1)

Ok, let me see. I didn't have a good night's sleep due to those smelly and lumpy pillows. I was also rudely awaken by the alarm I set in my cell phone earlier. You don't expect my mum to bring alarm clocks, do you? [Incredulous tone]

Anyway, why wake up at 7 am? Well, besides the fact that my parents are real early birds (meaning that I ain't one, I'm more of a night person actually..), we had decided earlier that we'd take a casual morning stroll at the beach. Nice. Well, we were up and ready in about half an hour and went down to the beach.

The beach glowed beautifully in the morning sun. The scenery was breath-taking. There were many holes of various sizes made by crabs. We of coz promptly set out to capture them, which wasn't so diff after all considering that they're not the smartest of creatures. lol..

Anyway, there were a few local people out there catching fish too with this sort of nets. (Oops~Can't really remember the Geography I learnt in Form 3..) Since we city dwellers had not seen such activies before, of coz we went to see to get firsthand experience. Hehe...

Apparently, it takes a lot of muscle and a lot of people to bring out the net from the sea. My guess is that with the weight of the fish and the net itself plus it being wet which adds weight, it really must weigh a ton. Woo. It took them quite long to haul up their catch.

Then, all the kaypo ppl (me included) went forward to look at the catch. Quite a lot too. There were various types of fish. The men threw out the jellyfish which looked kinda of wobbly and gross. Eww.. I got some photos but until my bro buys the bluetooth device for my pc, there'll be no photos of my trip...yet. *Sigh*

After some strolling, our stomachs decided that it was time for breakfast ade. So in we went.

Well, let's just say that the buffet breakfast was as gorgeous as the previous night's buffer dinner. Yummy~ Well, there were the obvious like sausages, eggs (fried at your order), bacon, toast etc. Most were quite delicious. [I can see you guys drooling now...lol] I totally lurve the choices and servings for cereal. But i couldn't manage to finish it coz I was too full ade.

Aikz, better say no more since your drool is spilling on your keyboard ade. Major Gross. You shld be on Fear Factor. Just kidding~

Right, after breakfast we went back to our rooms to prepare since we're going on an-around-the-island-trip using a rented taxi (it's a van actually). Let me say: the taxi service is horrible. We're made to wait for I guess more than an hour, you know!! Ish.. Besides, it was a pretty hot day and the 'air-conditioner' there wasn't working really well. Hot lah! Opening windows don't really help lah!

Even worse, I suddenly came down with a bad bout of flu. I think it was an allergic reaction, to what, God knows. So the flu only cleared up much later and made most of this trip pretty unpleasant. Oh well. =(

Anyway, it was a bumpy ride since the landscape there consists of many hills. Our first destination was a seafood making factory. Well, we didn't really visit the manufacturing part, only the place where they sell their seafood at cheaper prices.

My parents went on an uncommon spending spree [uncommon for them, that is] and bought lots of stuff. Well, stuff that I wasn't really fond of. Eating, that is. But anyway, I spent my time munching on various bits of samples put out for us. Not bad marketing too. =)

Then it was on to our second destination. It was a Chinese temple called Fu Ling Kong (if I'm not mistaken). It was pretty in an ancient way. We went in to pray (naturally) and admired the beautiful carvings on the door, wall and where ever. Even funnier was there was a sort of arch which wrote "Zhuang Cian Dong" which literally means an arch that will let you earn lots of money... (Sorry, something wrong with my Chinese Star program so I can't write it down, gotta be satisfied with the han yu pin yin lo..)

~Shrug~ Is there such a thing? But I guess the Chinese will always be obsessed bout such things.. $$$ Anyway, I got a photo of the arch but I'll post it up later. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. lol...

Then it was almost time for lunch.

Will elaborate more in a latter post coz this is getting wayyy too long coz I'm a long-winded old lady. Hehe...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drool~~~

Is my laptop's keyboard water proof?

Holy *beep* !!!

Anyway, my chinese IME works so, I guess "Zhuang Cian Dong" would be 赚钱洞

Sorry, I can't guess the other one

Zzzyun said...

haha.. great food! =)

yeah, u guessed correctly,
it's 赚钱洞...

but did i write any other one? i tot i wrote one only... hmm..

Anonymous said...

The other one would be the temple's name