Sunday, November 13, 2005

A Trip into The Field?

Spot The Fake Smile (Click!)

Results:-
You got 13 out of 20 correct.

Not bad I guess but i went by gut feeling coz there were some 'smiles' that i wasn't really sure actually. Anyway, I know of this test thru Lyd's blog. She didn't put down the link but I did! *I found it by using a search engine lo. Duh.*

Well, I tot the test was kinda different, doesn't need you to use your brain much, which is good coz my brain feels a bit fuzzy now on account that I'd just returned from my field trip an hour ago. Well, as usual, I'm not one to rest, instead I prefer to online. [Nothing new there].

Okay, bout the trip. Well, let me say one thing, the constant rain ruined most of it!! Arggh...! It started early in the morning. Our 1st destination was the Spice Garden. Fairly interesting, but a bit small, the place. We finished it quickly. I think that with a tour guide, it might be more interesting though. Walking around simply looking at plants is not THAT interesting. A lil' disappointed.

Then, it was onwards to the Tropical Fruit Farm. Far more interesting coz the varieties were more. However, the downpour that became gradually heavier ruined most of the trip, especially just when it was getting more interesting. The tour guide there was really interesting, and most importantly, humourous. He was quite knowledgeable too, giving us lots of info about the fruits and all. No photos yet, let me see whether I can pawn some off Jun Lin. Keke...

Btw, he also taught us why "Pisang tidak berbuah dua kali" which totally stumped us when he first asked us. This got the ball rolling in the same vein for almost the entire session. It was rudely interrupted when the rain got unbearable.

I was pretty wet under my straw hat, but not as wet as some of my frenz, who are apparently lazy to use umbrellas, and prefer a "nature's shower". To each of his own, I guess. But we learnt quite a lot, to name a few, fruits like "sugar apples, tamarines, jackfruit". Pretty cool. =) If only we got to linger there a while longer.

After that, we're scheduled to go to the Recreational Forest to have lunch but since it was pouring cats and dogs, we went to the Butterfly Farm earlier instead. We ended up having lunch in the area in front of the Farm. Some were standing, some were sitting. Some suggested squatting, which they laughingly said will make us feel like beggars. I chose to sit. Anyhow, when the lunchbox was opened, it looked pretty unappetisizing, but it didn't really tasted as bad as it looked. Fairly tasty, actually. I guess we shouldn't judge food by it's appearance after all.

After munch-munch session, it was decided that the butterflies would be forced home to sleep by the rain that venturing into the Farm would be a waste of money anyway. To me, it was good since I got redemption of RM4 and I'd been to said Farm on numerous occasions than I care to mention. Besides, I wanted to go home and take a bath anyway! We were so wet!!

So we went home by bus again. A few frenz and moi were the last ones to leave since we wanted to leave at the college--which was the last place on the route. So, there we were, chattering nineteen to dozen, about lots of stuff. The kids (there were abt 10 kids) were quite hilarious as in the way they speak, act coz they acted way mature than their age.

Pooh! My fren even commented that their cell phones were way more technogically advanced than ours! Omg. Maybe I shld pester my parents to upgrade my phone. On second thoughts, no-lah. My one is quite new too. I can't keep wasting their money anyway, since next year at uni will be using lots. Hehe.

Okay, show's over folks! Just a few tiny reminders before I go...

  • PS :: Went for a long over-due haircut last night. My mum insisted on taking me to the expensive saloon that I used to go to last time until my insane growing hair rate made the financial expenses unbearable. Quite nice! At least I looked more tidy at any rate. But my bangs are shorter now!! *Pouts* Now have to let it grow long again! Aiyah. Then, went shopping after the haircut! Bought tons of stuff. I got a skirt which will be used for my impending interview and a nice shirt which will be useful next year. I totally need a new wardrobe (!!) since my current one is quite unsuitable for uni next year, considering what career that I've chosen. Hehe.. More shopping is good! But bad for my dad's wallet I guess. lol...

  • PS :: I'm going to Pulau Pangkor for the next 3 days with my family. So no posts of mine to look forward to (lol) for the next 3 days lo. Of coz, I'll blog abt my holiday. Don't worry. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. i tot i did put down the link but sumhow it disappeared.

pangkor.. sounds like fun.. i've been there a few years ago. haha. fish will bite at ur fingers and hair if u hold food, beware!.. lol.

Zzzyun said...

oic..(abt the link)..lol

pangkor was ok i guess but not so high on the thrill factor..just read da impending post abt it lo..
=)