Friday, November 11, 2005

= Spring Cleaning =

Actually, I do wonder why most most mothers like asking their now-very-free sons or daughters to do a spot of spring cleaning. I've heard from various people (of different personalities, to be fair) that their mothers have all commanded a spring cleaning session not so very long after they finish their tests.

I, quite unfortunately am no exception to the case. *Sigh*

Anyway, I'd spent a couple of days spring cleaning mostly my room and some other places of interest (to my mum, that is.) I was frankly a tad surprised at the state (of filthiness) that it had descended in during the extended period of my finals.

Phuh! *A cloud of dust flew up, with a few 'cute' little dust bunnies huddling in the darkest corner that had not seen sunlight for some time.* Blame it on me then, I'm not exactly known for my tidying tendencies.

However, when one gets into the spirit of things, it's quite fun too actually, making your room spanking clean (again). I feel so comfortable [remember the feeling you get when your bedsheets has just been changed and the room is very clean? It feels heavenly!] and that was great.

Maybe I shld remember this so that next time I get lazy again, I might be more motivated to clean up. Quite important now since I'll be leaving home sweet home (All Hail Freedom!) after a few more months.

Anyway, I was so motivated that I ventured to rearrange all my books. Quite a feat since I've many MANY books! I think I might have enough to open a library ade. Actually, when they're all aranged nicely, you don't seem to think that 'that's a lot'. But when you take them down one by down [for rearranging], you find out that it IS quite a lot after all. # Aikz #

I think that most of the family fortune has been spent on buying books (my dad's a bookaholic too. Nice word that I'd coined, huh?) So rest assured, I won't fling [most of] my money on clothes and other frivolities. I've a feeling that it'd be used more for buying books. Maybe I shld just open a bookshop myself. Not a bad idea actually. I wanna visit Borders!! (the biggest bookshop in South East Asia, so I heard)

Whatever. I seem to be on a ramble. I digress again (as often as I do). I'm just wondering why mothers have a common point when it comes to forcing their post-exams young to spring clean.

Any theories or conspiracies, anyone? =)

No comments: