Friday, November 25, 2005

How Careless

I must apologize for the inconvenience caused by my carelessness recently. As some of you might know [my regular readers...thx!], my blog couldn't load properly from last night till today mid-afternoon.

What actually happened?

Well, first I blamed it on the slow connection. But then I asked some of my frenz to check for me and they couldn't open it too. It wasn't possible that everyone's connection was so slow unless TMnet suddenly got a meltdown or something. Not really feasible.

Next, I blamed it on some server being down or something. Fantastic idea, no? But then I tot, why other blogs can be opened leh? Should be using same server, right? This blog's alter ego can be opened too. Hmm..

After some anxiety, I decided to check everything in my blog. I even reposted my latest post, just in case. But to no avail. Until I found the ultimate error.

My template..! In some carelessness of moi, I have erased it, leaving only a quarter. It must have jammed or something while I was saving it. No wonder it couldn't work. Blek~

Thank goodness I have a slightly old copy so all wasn't lost. But I had to repair it a bit. But much better than losing the whole damn thing, I must say.

So, thanks, you all who notified me, though I've already known myself. Hehe... Must be more careful next time.

Yeah, that and not blaming everything in sight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, noticed ur "missing" blog too. tsk, tsk, u're so careless! but the connection yesterday was slow indeed... i mean many other websites other than google. my fren said the international link had got some problem.

Zzzyun said...

ooo...u too?
haha..thx, my regular blogders (as in blog-readers)..

i'm careless, and i admit it.
*sigh*

streamxy is so slow sometimes for no reason at all. i think we need more companies to have more competition. that will sure make it improve the quality of its service. yeah, that's it.

Anonymous said...

I heard a new technology, VDSL, is coming into service in the States, targeting ordinary people like us. The speed is like 54 Mbps! Problem is.... how long do we have to wait?

Sigh... there's always a catch...